Your Own IT Professional at Your Beck and Call

Your Own IT Professional at Your Beck and Call

By Marie Stewart

            Wade and I have been together for 27 years and married for 26.  In all of the time that we have been together, I have never had to call IT support, log any kind of repair tickets, or rely on my Google searching expertise to find answers to the myriad of issues a non-technical user like me may run into.  I have never had to sit on hold for hours or go through the motions of rebooting my computer or uninstalling software just so the tech support person I reached can be sure that we have, indeed, tried everything to resolve my issue.

            I have learned over the years, however, that there are a few common things that every user should try before they call for IT support.  For instance, the technician is almost always going to ask if I tried rebooting the computer or uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  I make sure that all of my hardware is plugged in and that the extensions have power.  I update my anti-virus and anti-malware programs, make sure I have plenty of hard drive space, and that I can reproduce the error in order to verify that it is a consistent problem.  Why do I go to all that trouble before approaching Wade and asking for help?  Well, some of it is pride and some of it is just the fact that I know he is a busy guy and I do not want to take away from the time he would otherwise spend helping one of our customers. 

            The downside to being with an IT professional is that I have had to learn to speak geek over the years.  I know more than I ever wanted to know about how computers, peripherals, and the internet work.  I have learned a lot about routers, modems, servers, networks, printers, video cards, and the like.  Basically, if it is a computer or attaches a computer I have probably been involved in a discussion about it.

            So, what should you do if you don’t want to learn to speak geek, are already married or dating a terrific non-technical person, or just cannot see yourself sitting through an annual marathon screening of Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings?  That’s where the crew at Stewart and Son Computer Services, LLC comes in.  You see, now that Wade has started this business venture, I rarely have time with him.  He is no longer available for me to just ask him stupid questions like, “What is a major domo?” or “What do I do when my computer tells me X?”  How does this help you?  For a small monthly fee, Stewart and Son Computer Services will become your IT consultants.  Wade, along with his two full-time and one part-time technician, will be more available to you than they ever have been to me.  You can ask them the questions you need to ask without sitting on hold for hours at a time.  Wade, Mark, Dave, and Thony are ready and willing to help you with your computing issues.  They are great at cleaning viruses from computers, performing backups, or teaching you how to navigate the ins and outs of Windows 7.  Together, the four of them possess over 50 years of technical support experience.  Who wouldn’t want that kind of expertise at their beck and call?  Give them a call today.  I promise they won’t put you on hold for hours on end and they will be more than happy to help in any way they can. 

Wade Stewart is the Managing Member of Stewart and Son Computer Services, LLC in University Place, WA and serves as a trusted partner to many local small and medium sized businesses. 

You can read more from Wade at Stewart and Son by visiting the following blog sites:
http://stewartandson.wordpress.com/
http://smokingwires.blogspot.com/

Content Copyright Wade Stewart (C) 2014

            

Labels: , , , , , ,